23.10.10

Cardboard Central

Our next project for our INDS class at SCAD continues working with conceptual diagrams. We have individually created a unique parti that assists as the concept for our models (mine can be seen in the previous posting). In Amsterdam they've designed their office made almost entirely out of cardboard. I thought this would be helpful for reference for our next phase. We are assigned to create a 3D model, an 8X8 box for study model, that will then be used at a 1/2 scale to create a 4' X 4' living space made entirely from cardboard. 

Take a look at this! 







I think this is such a great idea! Very unique.... To truly live wholly in this environment there is the utmost consciousness for your surrounding. The two gentleman sitting at the table makes me nervous they'd spill their drink (HA). I think this would be a harder problem to fix than just some water and a rag. Here's the link I found it at if anyone is interested to look further into this project. 


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This is so mind blowing to me! That looks extra extra heavy duty cardboard.

Post a Comment