27.11.10

What I've Learned Fall QRT INDS 102

I have learned, as a result of this design process, to appreciate the journey necessary to achieve a finished product. I see that great work is the result of a genuine understanding of design applied to a strong concept. By developing a personal design philosophy I see meaning to my work; I’ve discovered that design favors experience. We must become immersed in our surroundings, take a conscious notice of our context, and practice our studies instead of dismissing their relevance. This idea was strengthened through our user journeys, where circulation was appropriately prolonged to allow for clarity in our observations. The models in Phase 3 taught me to think in volume, to not neglect the form and space of an area, and to utilize what can’t be seen. Ultimately, I've learned to entertain change. The course project for INDS 102 taught me that the removal of unimportant elements is beneficial- the process it took to reach a final parti required reductions, additions, and constant tweaking to present a stronger idea. This project has taught me to utilize, in form and space, the elements and principles of design that have proved themselves successful, and it is by their harmonious success that I strive to follow in similar footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment