5.3.13

Ice Graces the South in Style

Czar Ice Bar: Atlanta




I love good design. I love design that really gets me excited both functionally and aesthetically. Fortunately for me living in Atlanta, that happens often. I become excited by small things, big things, whole things, half things. It's quite fun.

Most recently though- I had the lovely chance to frequent the Czar Ice Bar here in Buckhead. When I heard there a new spot that had Ice Bars + Vodka + Sushi I couldn't stay away, what girl could?





There were fun suggestions towards Czar imagery on the walls, and a bar covered in ice, digital projections on one wall, and an ambiance that suggested I drink a Vodka on the rocks. Their selection of Vodkas had something for everyone, and since I never (and I mean never) drink any liquor on the rocks, something about the ambiance suggested I break the comfort zone a bit.













I enjoyed watching our bartender climb up the sliding ladders to retrieve certain bottles. I also enjoyed (anywhere I go) when the Chef comes to greet and suggest certain menu items. I love to see a face to a masterpiece anywhere I go. For him, the food was his design- so hell, take pride! And as I sat leaning against the large slab of ice, I thought- Japanese Sushi and Russian Vodka... What an interesting combination.









No comments:

Post a Comment