5.10.10

I'm IN LOVEE




Today's presentation on our analysis of a retail store (and my sketch of an element of the stack of luggage) reminded me how much I really do LOVE old luggage. 






It's like people who collect rocks or err.... bottle caps? I don't know a good analogy, but most women go on shopping sprees to spend money on shoes.... My guilty pressure is the sick addiction to old leather bound tightly around a nice frame. 
Anyhow, I stumbled upon this FANTASTIC website that recycles luggage into furniture The cite is called Recreate. They have some really great works on there, check it out! Here are some pictures of works I found doing this same thing.
\




And this amazinggg chair- I would love to have. This is what started the luggage find today, this chair by Katie Thompson. "South African interior/furniture designer Katie Thompson started creating a brilliantly imagined collection of recycled furniture last year called Recreate. In this range of products she marries antiques in unconventional ways to give new function to the already familiar items." 

http://trendland.net/2010/10/04/katie-thompsons-recycled-furniture/




2 comments:

Liesl said...

I want to MARRY the last chair!

Kathryn said...

I don't know if i said this or not but your choice of font really works with your template and posts. It seems very deliberate and very you. Which is a very good thing.

Post a Comment