22.9.10

Brazillian Flavor

 I recently found an architect I immediately connected with. The Brazillian architect, Vitor Penha, blends rustic elements of wood and brick with more modern metals and plastics to create a textured design.




This is like urban hipster meets art student. I think naturally I'm able to relate because the exposed bricks give it a lofty feeling, but the hardwood floors make it warm. A very 'city-life' look. Not to mention the clothes that look left in a hurry, books still open from being flipped through. I really like this look. This photograph seems to capture a very temporary moment for this space.











This makes me want to take a nap. Okay... not really, but I think the concept of floor seating is so underrated. I love sitting on the floor, and there are these large mattresses-like seating for a change. I would like to see more of this explored in my design- seating that is.





 This photograph is what initially caught my eye to Penha and his designs. It is functional in it's usage (or seems to be), allows for a lot of natural light, and utilizes the space efficiently. I like the quaint design because it doesn't exude excess- this room doesn't seem like it requires a lot of personal space.
Here, it is okay to get comfortable,
get close,
get personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment